2022 NFL Draft: From the college perspective, Las Vegas Raiders draft analysis, picks, best value selection, and biggest reach
NFL Draft 2022: Las Vegas Raiders Draft Analysis
2022 NFL Draft Analysis
Arizona | Atlanta | Baltimore | Buffalo | Carolina | Chicago
Cincinnati | Cleveland | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Green Bay
Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Kansas City | Las Vegas
LA Chargers | LA Rams | Miami | Minnesota | New England
New Orleans | NY Giants | NY Jets | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh
San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa Bay | Tennessee | Washington
Las Vegas Raiders Draft Picks: NFL Draft 2022
3 (90) OG Dylan Parham, Memphis
4 (122) RB Zamir White, Georgia
4 (126) DT Neil Farrell, LSU
5 (175) DT Matthew Butler, Tennessee
7 (238) OT Thayer Munford, Ohio State
7 (250) RB Brittain Brown, UCLA
Las Vegas Raiders Draft Analysis: NFL Draft 2022
– Considering where the Raiders were drafting – and with the first pick late in the third round – this was a wonderful job. They want to get more physical, and it stars with improving the offensive line – OG Dylan Parham will stick as a third round selection. Georgia RB Zamir White is a tone-setter.
– Realistically, none of this will work. You don’t win drafts with five of your six picks coming after the third round, but the Raiders took two defensive tackles and more prospects for the O line and running back to see if anything sticks.
– It’s hard to do a draft without any early picks, but it would’ve ben nice to do something else for the secondary. It’s going to be shootout time in the AFC West – you can’t have enough good defensive backs.
Las Vegas Raiders Best Value Pick, Biggest Reach, Late Flier: 2022 NFL Draft
Best Value Pick: 4 (126) DT Neil Farrell, LSU
Biggest Reach: 4 (122) RB Zamir White, Georgia (but not really)
Late Flier That Might Work: 5 (175) DT Matthew Butler, Tennessee
Las Vegas Raiders Needs, Pre-Draft Analysis: NFL Draft 2022
– There’s a Maxx Crosby here, and a Josh Jacobs there, but for the most part the Raider drafts over the last few years have been a fat load of yeeeeeeeeeesh.
It’s not happening with this draft, either, with the first pick at the 86 in the 3rd round with a 4th, two 5ths, and a 7th. However …
– Draft, schmaft. The Raiders got Davante Adams for their first and second rounder. Let the Packers take a guess on some unknown prospect. Vegas wins. So …
– So who’ll be there in the third round for Las Vegas? There’s still work to do on the offensive line, secondary, and maybe with some more help for the defensive front. Ohio State OT Nicholas Petit-Frere should be a possibility, Memphis OG Cole Strange would fit, and UCLA’s Sean Rhyan would be a solid value get for the line. If the Raiders want to go corner, Cincinnati’s Coby Bryant would work.
Las Vegas Raiders 2021 Draft Picks
1 (17) OT Alex Leatherwood, Alabama
2 (43) S Trevon Moehrig, TCU
3 (79) EDGE Malcolm Koonce, Buffalo
3 (80) S Divine Deablo, Virginia Tech
5 (167) CB Nate Hobbs, Illinois
7 (230) C Jimmy Morrissey, Pitt
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings, Analysis
QBs | RBs | WRs | TEs | OTs | OGs & Cs | DEs & Edge | DTs
LBs | Ss | CBs | 50 Greatest Value Draft Picks Ever
NFL Draft by college over last 5 years: 1-130 rankings