UCLA vs NC State: San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl prediction, game preview, how to watch
UCLA vs NC State: San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl How To Watch
Date: Tuesday, December 28
Game Time: 8:00 pm ET
Venue: Petco Park, San Diego, CA
How To Watch: FOX
Records: NC State (9-3), UCLA (8-4)
CFN Predictions | Bowl Schedule
– Today’s Best Bet to Lock in Now
UCLA vs NC State San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl Preview
– UCLA is back in a bowl game. By now, the Chip Kelly era was supposed to be rocking and rolling. Even though this wasn’t a Pac-12 Championship season, it was a great step forward after a few seasons of struggling.
– Now the Bruins are bowling for the first time since 2017 – they haven’t won a bowl since 2013 – and this one game can set the tone for the offseason and going into 2022.
– Yeah, UCLA closed with three straight wins, and yeah, it beat USC in a blowout. But the Trojans upped the game with the hiring of Lincoln Riley. Anything less than a bowl win will make the fan base nervous.
– The Bruins are tough, the downfield passing game was the best in the Pac-12, and the run defense held up well. Now it all has to work against a rock-solid NC State team that lost just two ACC games by a total of four points.
– The Wolfpack have a terrific passing attack, the defense was third in the ACC overall and second in points allowed – giving up fewer than 20 per game – and they have a style that should be able to control the tempo throughout.