Maryland vs Virginia Tech: New Era Pinstripe Bowl prediction, game preview, how to watch, lines: Wednesday, December 29
Maryland vs Virginia Tech: New Era Pinstripe Bowl How To Watch
Date: Wednesday, December 29
Game Time: 2:15 pm ET
Venue: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
How To Watch: ESPN, Live stream on ESPN+
Records: Maryland (6-6), Virginia Tech (6-6)
CFN Predictions | Bowl Schedule
– Today’s Best Bet to Lock in Now
Maryland vs Virginia Tech New Era Pinstripe Bowl Preview
– Maryland needed a win over Rutgers to get here, and it needs a win to make it a promising offseason for head coach Mike Locksley.
It’s been a bit of a grind to get the program rolling, and consistency has been a huge problem, but the Terps are good at beating the teams they’re supposed to beat, and this is a Virginia Tech team they’re supposed to beat.
– Virginia Tech also needed to win its final game to get here. Unlike Maryland – a program trying to keep improving under its current head coach – the reboot is coming for the Hokies with Justin Fuente fired late in the season.
The Brent Pry era isn’t starting quite yet, but future associate head coach JC Price is still around – along with the rest of the assistants – for some continuity as the interim head man.
– There was a problem getting the Hokie offense going until late in the year, but the running game became a force with 200 yards or more in five of its last six games including 320 in the bowl-sealing win over Virginia.
– Maryland’s run defense hasn’t been anything special, but the offense has one of the nation’s better passing attacks – averaging over 300 yards per game – to make up for it.