This week’s reason I should be the next Commissioner of the Big Ten …
If I was the Commissioner of the Big Ten, no way, no how, no chance on my watch do I allow an 8-game in 8-week schedule to get off my desk without it being ripped up and thrown into a tasteful wastepaper basket.
The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 22-20 SU, 17-30 ATS
Over the two decades of doing this, sometimes I’m flaming hot and it doesn’t stop, or I’m brutally cold with no thaw in sight – until it does, and then we all have a good time.
If you’re who I think you are, you should know EXACTLY what to do here.
But as horrible as these picks have been so far in 2020 – picking two games last week that didn’t end up happening and colossally whiffing on everything else …
Fortunately, all these picks are correct.
– NC State +10 over Miami (but Miami straight up)
– Temple +17.5 over SMU (but SMU straight up)
– Virginia Tech -14.5 over Liberty
– Rutgers +38 over Ohio State (but Ohio State straight up)
– Kansas State +12.5 over Oklahoma State (but OSU straight up)
– Northwestern -3.5 over Nebraska
– Vanderbilt +18.5 over Mississippi State (but MSU straight up, HOWEVER, Vandy at +850 on the money line is out there)
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5. Overrated: Tua Tagovailoa’s 93-yard, one TD pass day in the win over the LA Rams
Underrated: Taulia Tagovailoa: 26-of-35, 394 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 59 rushing yards, 2 TDs in the 45-44 win over Minnesota
4. Overrated: Messing with something trivial, like a presidential election
Underrated: Messing with a college football game, because that’s just un-American …
(this is just so f-ing wrong)
Oklahoma State tried to get Texas to miss the field goal by putting up yellow lines on the video board pic.twitter.com/Ac7wSVg56J
— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) October 31, 2020
3. Overrated: Liberty ranked 25th in the AP poll
Underrated: Unranked Virginia Tech -14.5 vs. Liberty
2. Overrated: A Power Five team that finishes with one loss
Underrated: A Pac-12 team that finishes unbeaten
1. Overrated: This …
Florida and Missouri break out in a fight at midfield as we’ve hit halftime. pic.twitter.com/gcv6YdCCLN
— Zach Goodall (@zach_goodall) November 1, 2020
Sorry if this column sucked, it wasn’t my fault …
The column was going to lose anyway, so it didn’t really matter unless you’re a part of a certain crowd, but it came oh-so-close to being historically amazing.
— Rutgers Scarlet Knights | TheKnightReport.Net (@RutgersRivals) October 31, 2020
Stay safe, everyone. It’ll all be okay.