This week’s reason I should be the next Commissioner of the Big Ten …
I shouldn’t be. I guarantee with 1000% certainly that I sat through and watched more really, really bad Big Ten football this weekend than Kevin Warren – and just about everyone else on the planet – but …
I missed the end of the Penn State-Indiana game.
Of course I went back and got it, but I didn’t see it live. Considering my whole life is one big pregame show, missing an epic moment like that as it happened hurts.
The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 20-18 SU, 16-27 ATS
We’ll get through this together.
If you’ve followed this piece for the close to the 20 freaking years I’ve been doing it, you know that when I’m ice cold here – I always make the gut-reaction picks before doing the deep dive on the research for the site predictions – you know the smoke is coming soon.
But this whole season has been ugly, so until it turns, you veterans know exactly what to do. If it helps you to go the other way, by all means, PLEASE save yourself.
Fortunately, all these picks are correct.
– Marshall -23 over FIU
– Minnesota -20 over Maryland
– North Carolina -6.5 over Virginia
– San Jose State +9.5 over New Mexico (I’m almost certain this was posted wrong, but until it’s changed …)
– Wisconsin -3 over Nebraska (Don’t care if the Badgers are starting 59-year-old Randy Wright at quarterback – JUMP on this line NOW in case the tests come back false positive)
– Mississippi State +31 over Alabama (Alabama straight up)
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5. Overrated: Being wrong on every single aspect of analysis on anything Kentucky is doing this year.
Underrated: Other than the wins by Boise State and San Diego State, being wrong on every single aspect of analysis on the start of the Mountain West season.
4. Overrated: Anyone whining about any of these games not being like they normally are.
Underrated: Every single solitary second that goes by without the NCAA shutting this whole thing down for 2020.
3. Overrated: In a digital age, the necessity of pieces of plastic to legally drive anywhere and occasionally pay for goods and services.
Underrated: The Saving Private Ryan-level effort that cost the lives of too many good men in the search for my wallet – only the ninth time I’ve misplaced it in the last few months.
2. Overrated: The time wasted on a football Saturday afternoon and night looking for that thing.
Underrated: Having to describe to store workers and the police that it’s not really a wallet, but more like a Lulu pouch thingy with dopey inspirational sayings on it that I used one day in a pinch after my last wallet got destroyed in the washing machine, and then not asking anymore because I didn’t want to tell anyone I was looking for a Lulu pouch thingy with dopey inspirational sayings on it.
1. Overrated: This weekend’s slate of college football games.
Underrated: The November 7th slate of college football games, and praying we’ll care about them after whatever happens over the next week.
Sorry if this column sucked, it wasn’t my fault …
It would’ve retweeted this, but it didn’t want to get whacked with a $25,000 fine by the SEC like Lane Kiffin did …
If y'all want to just keep gifting Auburn wins, just say it. pic.twitter.com/LJ01avk5ZI
— Breck Jones (@BreckJones_) October 24, 2020