This week’s reason I should be the next Commissioner of the Big Ten …
My business acumen came through for friends and family who like me a whole lot better than they did last week at this time.
I said to put down a smallish flier – always, always, ALWAYS invest the exact amount on every game, and never, ever, EVER deviate from that number – on the money line for Louisiana +340 against Iowa State, Arkansas State +310 vs. Kansas State, and – oops – Syracuse +750 vs. North Carolina. Hitting 2-of-3 is a nice day.
In this season of all seasons, keep on pumping the money line, because the upsets are going to continue.
I needed to do something right to make up for this …
The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 5-2 SU, 3-5 ATS
Round Two of, I Gave You Louisiana Last Week And For It, Did I Get A Delightful Tray Of Fine Cheeses And Biscuits? Nooooooo.
However, let’s just cheerfully forget the misfires on Syracuse +22, Kansas -7 and Florida State -12 in a 1-3 ATS Week 2, shall we?
Fortunately, all these picks are correct.
– Syracuse +21 at Pitt (Pitt straight up … YOU OWE ME, Orange)
– Navy +8.5 at Tulane (Tulane straight up … no way Navy is that soft two games in a row)
– Over on the Oklahoma State at Tulsa 65.5 total
– Appalachian State -3.5 at Marshall
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5. Overrated: Never being quite certain how to spell Chanticleer
If you thought Kansas’ night couldn’t get any worse
Thomas MacVittie’s name is spelled incorrectly on his jersey pic.twitter.com/OqaOh9LaX6
— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 13, 2020
4. Overrated: Private Pyle cleaning his gun in Full Metal Jacket
Underrated: The look on Tom Brady’s face as he’s cleaning his helmet in the ads for Lay’s.
3. Overrated: Just about every home musical performance during quarantine, outside of a whole slew of DJ sets.
Underrated: Dave Grohl when he veers in any way away from momjean rock and guns it …
— Foo Fighters (@foofighters) September 14, 2020
2. Overrated: Those in the stands who booed before the Texans-Chiefs game.
Underrated: Being sneezed on and then thrown under the (alleged but not confirmed) Memphis football party bus.
1. Overrated: All the name prep needed before calling a major college football game that might be a blowout on primetime national TV, unless ..
Underrated: Having ZERO clue how to pronounce the last name of DJ Uiagalelei, even though he’s only the best college football quarterback prospect since Trevor Lawrence.
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
After this total train wreck of a column …
“We’d say the crowd is stunned, but there is no crowd.”
– @TimBrando with Coastal Carolina taking a 21-0 lead over Kansas.