3. Sun Belt Games, Hot Seat Coaches
Sun Belt Game Of The Year
Appalachian State at Georgia SOuthern, Oct. 14
Georgia Southern has been Appalachian State’s kryptonite. It’s not just the option offense that screwed up the Mountaineers over the last two years; the defense showed up big, too.
The Eagles haven’t been able to parlay those big wins into Sun Belt East titles with ASU winning the last two conference championships, but this year the game is in Statesboro coming off an open date. The Mountaineers will be coming off a date with Louisiana.
5 Other Interesting Sun Belt Games
This is all very, very fluid, but at the moment if the Sun Belt slate stays relatively close to the original version …
1. Louisiana at Appalachian State, Oct. 7
2. Arkansas State at Louisiana, Nov. 5
3. Arkansas State at Appalachian State, Oct. 24
4. Georgia Southern at Louisiana, Sept. 26
5. Troy at Appalachian State, Nov. 28
5 Sun Belt Coaches On The Hot Seat
It’s not necessarily about who’s about to get fired – especially this year.
Think of it this way. Who has the most pressure to win, either because of expectations, or to possibly move on to something bigger, or for some, to keep the gig?
1. Steve Campbell, South Alabama
2. Shawn Clark, Appalachian State
3. Matt Viator, ULM
4. Chip Lindsey, Troy
5. Jake Spavital, Texas State