This week’s reason I should be the SIXTH prognosticator on the set of the new FOX College Football Pregame thingy …
It’s going to need a new part of the equation when a certain someone takes that gig down the road in 3 … 2 …
The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 60-24 SU, 45-42 ATS
Be happy that I wasn’t able to do this last week … I had to Chris Petersen recharge to get this week right.
Fortunately, these picks are all correct.
If you choose to dabble, sign up with BetMGM though this link to take part in any of these games or other action on the schedule. It’ll make the world a better place.
I’ll blow it all out for the bowl games, but for now I’m playing small ball …
Using the BetMGM lines …
– Louisiana +6.5 over Appalachian State
– Baylor +9 over Oklahoma (but OU to win outright)
– Cincinnati +9.5 over Memphis
– Virginia +29 over Clemson (but Clemson to win outright)
– Ohio State -16 over Wisconsin
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5) Overrated: Ole Miss looking to “find a head coach who can walk into a room, and absolutely take over that room and galvanize people.”
Underrated: Wisconsin playing in the Big Ten championship for the third time in four years under Paul Chryst.
4) Overrated: Just about every name available for all of the various job openings.
Underrated: Florida Atlantic playing in the Conference USA championship for the second time in three years under Lane Kiffin.
3) Overrated: The whole pumping up of Rivalry Week, but …
Underrated: Sometimes college football gets it really, really right.
2) Overrated: My kids not knowing or caring who Van Halen was/is.
Underrated: My kids not knowing or caring who any of these K-Pop singers are.
1) Overrated: Again, that Elijah Moore thing
Underrated: Blowing kisses when you nail a 48-yard field goal to win the game, end Nebraska’s season, and keep it from going bowling.
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
But it’ll send out a second apology for failing to capitalize the word Tide.