This week’s reason I should be the SEVENTH prognosticator on the set of the new FOX College Football Pregame thingy …
I’d keep my shirt on, and …
The FOX college football pregame show is really good.
I never thought this would happen, but … you win, FOX. I’ve been watching your show more than Gameday.
The panel of talent straight out of the Handsome Boy Modeling School is fantastic, and once again – this was the case after his first sabbatical and foray into the media world – there’s absolutely no one better at breaking down plays and explaining college football better than Urban Meyer.
The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 17-10 SU, 11-16 ATS
You’ve made a very powerful enemy last weekend, college football betting gods.
Not only did you smite me with ALL of the big-spread top-team favorites covering, but losing straight up on SMU vs. TCU and Appalachian State vs. TCU?
Fortunately, these picks are all correct.
– Wisconsin -24 over Northwestern
– UConn +43.5 over UCF (but UCF to win)
– Louisiana -3 over Georgia Southern
– Utah -5 over Washington State
– Stanford -3 over Oregon State
– Virginia +11 over Notre Dame (but Notre Dame straight up)
– Ohio State -17 over Nebraska
– Arizona -7.5 over UCLA
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5) Overrated: The quick-pitch, sort-of-wrong, come-ON-we’re-doing-this-now fake kneel-down play.
Underrated: Ha ha … you got us, whatever. Let’s go into overtime and … uhhhhh …
4) Overrated: Third down in the Cal win over Ole Miss
Underrated: Fourth down in the Cal win over Ole Miss
3) Overrated: The honest, we’ve-all-been-there-in-some-form-if-you’re-in-the-media-long-enough, mistake made by ESPN’s Adam Amin right after the Tulane win over Houston …
Underrated: The way Amin and Lanie Fritz handled it all on social media like pros, and with the good-humor befitting the situation.
2) Overrated: The overall lack of quarterback depth across college football
Underrated: The unbelievable job the USC coaching staff is doing despite one of the most disastrous runs of quarterback injury bad luck with quarterback ever in the first month of a season.
1) Overrated: FOX naming it the Big Noon Kickoff
Underrated: The Big Nude Kickoff, as it sounds like when Gus Johnson says it in promos.
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
Yeah, I wrote this column. If you have a problem with it, Pat Fitzgerald will let you know how to reach me …