Ranking all the projected top 200 statistical and college fantasy football prospects for 2019.
All college fantasy football leagues are going to be different when it comes to scoring systems, configurations, and whether or not it’s a national thing or just concentrating on conferences. No matter how you do it, here’s generally the deal.
1. Like in pro fantasy football, just take the superstars up top and worry about positions later.
2. If you don’t go big on tight end early, forget about it. The position falls off the map instantly.
3. If you don’t go big on wide receiver early, you can’t forget about it, but you’re sort of screwed.
4. It’s okay to secure a top defense and/or kicker early, but there’s no real desperate need to.
5. Take BIG swings late. College is far, far different than NFL in that the speculation on the superstars is more of a shot in the dark, especially when it comes to freshmen.
So for the preseason College Fantasy Football Top 200 Prospects, it’s about value more than the potential raw numbers. No matter what your scoring system, the 75thish-best quarterback is likely going to score around as much as a top wide receiver, much less a great tight end.
With that in mind, this isn’t a ranking of players based on likely overall scoring; it’s combining value and timing as well as the likely straight stats.
Remember, this is ONLY about the potential fantasy football stats, not necessarily talent.
200. QB Kelvin Hopkins, Army
199. TE Grant Calcaterra, Oklahoma
198. WR Darnell Mooney, Tulane
197. RB Cade Carney, Wake Forest
196. RB Ronnie Rivers, Fresno State
195. TE Shaun Beyer, Iowa
194. WR Branden Mack, Temple
193. Def/ST Auburn
192. WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
191. WR Randall St. Felix, USF
190. RB Marcel Murray, Arkansas State
189. WR Taj Harris, Syracuse
188. RB Anthony McFarland, Maryland
187. RB Trey Sermon, Oklahoma
186. WR Joe Reed, Virginia
185. WR Melquise Stovall, Hawaii
184. RB Adrian Killins, UCF
Click for the CFN Podcast talking to John McKechnie from RotoWire about all things college fantasy football …