Preview 2019: Previewing and looking ahead to the Purdue season with what you need to know.
– What You Need To Know: Offense | Defense
– Top Players | Key Players, Games, Stats
– What Will Happen, Win Total Prediction
– Recruiting Class Analysis | Schedule Analysis
– Purdue Previews 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015
2018 Record: 6-7 overall, 5-4 in Big Ten
Head Coach: Jeff Brohm, 3rd year: 13-13
5. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PURDUE OFFENSE
– With head coach Jeff Brohm still in West Lafayette and not in Louisville, look … out. The nation’s 11th-best passing game has the potential to go into overdrive for an offense that finished 29th overall. There’s a brilliant mix of talented young players and good veterans to work around, but …
– Elijah Sindelar has to stay in one piece. The offense has the quarterback to make it all go, but staying healthy has been hard. As long as he’s right, everything else should work thanks to a loaded receiving corps. Rondale Moore is the star, the recruiting class cranked it up with a whole lot more talent – David Bell and Milton Wright lead an amazing new haul of targets – and TE Brycen Hopkins has the talent to do a lot more.
– The top running backs are gone and the offensive line has to be stronger. It’s an okay group up front – especially at tackle – but there’s little in the way of established depth and the protection has to be stronger after mediocre year. With DJ Knox and Markell Jones done, the top returning running back – sophomore Zander Horvath – gained just 49 yards last season. The job is wide open.