Preview 2019: Previewing and looking ahead to the Arizona State season with what you need to know.
– What You Need To Know: Offense | Defense
– Top Players | Key Players, Games, Stats
– What Will Happen & Win Total Prediction
– Recruiting Class Analysis | Schedule Analysis
– Arizona State Previews 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015
2018 Record: 7-6 overall, 5-4 in Pac-12
Head Coach: Herm Edwards: 2nd year, 7-6
5. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ARIZONA STATE OFFENSE
– The offense that was so effective and efficient last season loses QB Manny Wilkins and star WR N’Keal Harry, but it has the parts to be even stronger if the quarterback play gets the job done. Junior Dillion Cole-Sterling was the main backup, and now he appears ready to take over the reigns until dynamic freshman Jayden Daniels is ready. There are enough options to play around with.
– Eno Benjamin was the workhorse for the attack, can catch, and has a nose for the end zone. Now the star back needs a little more help, and he should get it from a deep stable of runners. The O line he’ll work behind returns four starters coming off a fantastic year. It’ll be one of the Pac-12’s most effective front fives.
– The receiving corps needs a new No. 1 target to step up without Harry, but just about everyone else of note returns. There isn’t a talent at Harry’s level, but the combination of Brandon Aiyuk and Kyle Williams is more than good enough to make the new starting quarterback shine.