Preview 2019: Previewing and looking ahead to the Indiana Hoosiers season with what you need to know.
– What You Need To Know: Offense | Defense
– Top Players | Key Players, Games, Stats
– What Will Happen, Win Total Prediction
– Recruiting Class Analysis | Schedule Analysis
– Indiana Previews 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015
2018 Record: 5-7 overall, 2-7 in Big Ten
Head Coach: Tom Allen. 3rd year, 10-15 overall
5. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INDIANA OFFENSE
– There wasn’t enough scoring pop. The Hoosiers were able to mix things up a bit, but the downfield passing game was non-existent at times. The running game worked from time to time, but this wasn’t a running team. Again, scoring was the issue – failing to hit 30 points in eight games – but the talent and depth are there to do a whole lot more.
– IU might just have the Big Ten’s most interesting quarterback situation. Peyton Ramsey took over and had a good year both as a runner and a mid-range passer, but again, there wasn’t a whole lot of explosion. He’s still going to be the guy – most likely – but former star recruit Michael Penix is coming back from a knee injury, and highly-rated prospect Jack Tuttle comes in after first going to Utah. There’s no real wrong answer here.
– The rest of the skill spots are excellent. 1,137-yard RB Stevie Scott is coming off a big freshman season, and there’s more youth behind him. The 1-2 receiving punch of Donavan Hale and Nick Westbrook is strong, and Ty Fryfogle has big-time upside. The line has to do its part with three starters back, but lost star G Wes Martin.