Texas (10-6) vs. Kansas (14-2) basketball fearless prediction and game preview.
Date: Monday, January 14
Game Time: 9:00 ET
Venue: Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence, KS
What’s Going To Happen
– Texas has lost two in a row, coming off a 68-62 home battle with Texas Tech. This starts a run of three road games in the next four and four in the next six. It needed that home win over the Red Raiders and didn’t get it. Kansas has yet to lose at home.
– This might not be the normal high-octane Jayhawks offensively, but it’s used to playing in tight, tough games. With West Virginia, Iowa State and Kentucky up next before going to Texas, this is about as easy as it gets until February.
– Texas just doesn’t score enough. It’s okay at generating second chance points, and the style is to slow things down a wee bit and jack up the threes to make up for it, but forget it if this gets into any sort of a shootout early on. It has to control the interior and can’t let the Jayhawks generate easy points.
– The Longhorns have a slew of issues, but they don’t give the ball away. They won’t make a whole slew of dumb mistakes, but Kansas has a way of forcing them. It’s this simple – Texas has to hit its threes to pull this off.
– It’s possible to get points in chunks on the Jayhawks, but Texas won’t do it. Kansas will own the boards, there won’t be enough easy points for the Longhorns, and after a good fight into the second half, the lead will start to grow. Kansas won’t blow this at home in a workmanlike performance.
Fearless Prediction & Line
Kansas 77, Texas 68
Line: Kansas -8, o/u: 139.5
ATS Confidence: 3
5: True Detective: Season 3
1: Holmes and Watson