Nebraska (12-4) vs. Indiana (12-4) basketball fearless prediction and game preview.
Date: Monday, January 14
Game Time: 6:30 ET
Venue: Assembly Hall, Bloomington, IN
What’s Going To Happen
– Nebraska doesn’t lose at home, but it’s 0-3 on the road in Big Ten play so far. Indiana has lost two in a row, but it’s 10-0 at home.
– Indiana doesn’t shoot from the outside, because it doesn’t have to. It takes the fewest three point attempts in the Big Ten, but it dominates in the interior – it’s second in the nation in field goal percentage. However, Nebraska’s defense is among the best in the country, allowing teams to hit just 38% – expect the point total to be relatively low.
– The Huskers are active. They dominate sloppy teams and feats off of teams that turn the ball over. That’s Indiana. The Hoosiers might be solid defensively, but they give the ball away way too much. Nebraska will come up with at least ten steals.
– Indiana doesn’t come up with a whole slew of offensive rebounds or second chance points, mainly because it doesn’t miss enough. Nebraska is just an okay rebounding team – both teams will be relatively even on the boards.
– Get ready for a duel. Romeo Langford has been consistent for the Hoosiers, while Nebraska’s James Palmer has to get to the line. He has to hit from three, too, to pull this off on the road.
– Indiana will be too good from the field in the second half, and Nebraska won’t get enough second chance points. The Huskers will push the tempo and the scoring a bit, but IU will survive.
Fearless Prediction & Line
Indiana 74, Nebraska 68
Line: Indiana -2.5, o/u: 143.5
ATS Confidence: 2.5
5: True Detective: Season 3
1: Holmes and Watson