Florida State (13-3) vs. Pitt (11-5) basketball fearless prediction and game preview.
Date: Monday, January 14
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Petersen Events Center, Pittsburgh, PA
What’s Going To Happen
– Florida State needs a breather. It had Duke dead, right up until it lost on a last-second three-pointer on Saturday. It got Virginiaed, putting up 52 points against the slow-and-go Cavaliers a week ago. Now at 1-2 in the ACC and with two road games in the next three, it needs this.
– Pitt has lost two of its last three and needed overtime to beat Louisville. Guard Trey McGowens has gone off over the last two weeks, but the Panther defense isn’t helping out the cause. With three road games in the next four, and the home game coming against Duke, the season could quickly slip away with a loss.
– FSU doesn’t shoot well, but it rebounds enough to get by. The Noles manage to get up for the big games and the find ways to win, but they also have a big, big problem giving the ball away. Pitt is fantastic at forcing mistakes, creating 17 takeaways a game. It has to get the offense moving and not let the game bog down.
– The Pitt defense should keep this close at home. Florida State is too aggressive and too good at forcing turnovers, but it doesn’t move the ball well enough offensively. Even so, there’s just enough balance to go along with the good D.
– Can Florida State gear it up quickly after the heartbreaker to the Blue Devils? Sort of. The depth will be enough to keep forcing mistakes, but Pitt won’t be an easy out at home. If you like the money line, the +170 on the Panthers isn’t terrible, but FSU will survive. Pitt just doesn’t have enough scoring pop.
Fearless Prediction & Line
Florida State 74, Pitt 68
Line: Florida State -4.5, o/u: 142
ATS Confidence: 1.5
5: True Detective: Season 3
1: Holmes and Watson