The final thoughts, a few predictions, and some investment advice for the Chick-fil-A Peach, Belk, and NOVA Home Loans Arizona bowls to make your life a heck of a lot better than it currently is.
– Contact/Follow @PeteFiutak
Now THIS is what a bowl Saturday is supposed to be all about. Three bowls before the playoff fun begins.
This is all just for spits, giggles, and entertainment purposes only. However, just in case you dabble …
Saturday, December 29
12:00, ABC, Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
South Carolina vs. Virginia
– This is going on just as the Chick-fil-A Peach kicks off between Michigan and Florida. No one outside of the the die-hard Gamecock and Cavalier fans are watching this … unless you see an investment opportunity to be he had.
– Oh yes, and there is a reason to invest. At least, there is if South Carolina decides to show up.
– The Gamecocks should be much, much, much better than the Cavaliers, but Bronco Mendenhall’s club seems to love mucking things up and keeping games tight. Whatever.
– So far, the better teams have won this bowl season. There have been a few little quirks here and there, but not many. This is one of this moments that you need to pounce on if you think the Gamecocks are winning this, because the 4.5 isn’t a thing.
– 6.5? Yeah, that would be a problem. But USC -4.5 is nothing, except that three of Virginia’s five losses were by four points or fewer, and the Gamecocks have a funky way of playing up or down to the opponents’ level.
– It might seem tempting, but stay away from the Virginia +170 money line. It makes sense, and it might be okay to throw a little down on it, but if that happens, it’ll be because the Gamecocks totally gagged this away.
– Stay away from the total, too. It’s at 54 which is right about where it should be. No … like the 4.5, go under on the 54 if you have to do it, and if you feel a burning desire to play the money line, take the free extra double and go with South Carolina -200 – even though you’d never, ever do that.
NEXT: NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl