The final thoughts, a few predictions, and some investment advice for the Outback, VRBO Citrus, PlayStation Fiesta, Rose, Sugar bowls to make your life a heck of a lot better than it currently is.
– Contact/Follow @PeteFiutak
It’s New Year’s Day. Say what you will about the rest of the bowl season, but this still matters, the Rose Bowl is still a standalone sporing event that rises above the fray, and we have some season-makers coming up in the new year.
This is all just for spits, giggles, and entertainment purposes only. However, just in case you dabble …
Tuesday, January 1st
12:00, ESPN2, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
Iowa vs. Mississippi State
– Don’t think too hard on this one. If this was played in mid-October, Mississippi State wins by ten.
– But it’s a bowl game, so of course you have to worry. Iowa has the defense to keep this close – at least, closer than the seven points.
– But Mississippi State has the defense to turn the lights out. This is going to be a jacked up Bulldog team with an O line that should destroy the Iowa running game. Nate Stanley and the Hawkeye passing game are gone, but no.
– See what the props are on Iowa rushing yards. Whatever it is, go under.
– 41 for a point total in a bowl game? Yeeeeeeeeuck. If this game really does hover around that, it’ll quickly become ignored with the bigger games coming up.
– Nick Fitzgerald will be terrific, the Bulldog defense will dominate, and again …
– Don’t overthink this. Iowa won last year’s Pinstripe over Boston College. This Mississippi State team isn’t 2017 Boston College. Before that, the Hawkeys lost five straight bowls.