Friday, December 28
5:15, ESPN, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL
Syracuse vs. West Virginia
– This is going to come across as really, really mean, but do how much do you trust that Syracuse QB Eric Dungey will get through the entire game without getting hurt? He’s a baller and a fighter, but he’s been knocked out of some high-end games from time-to-time. Syracuse should win this, but when it comes to how much you believe in the Orange – and how much you want to invest – you’re hoping the main man can last a full 60.
– And on the flip side, if you like West Virginia, then the potential for Dungey to take a big shot in his final game only helps your cause.
– This is going to come across as really, really mean, but how much do you believe in West Virginia without Will Grier? The Mountaineers opened as a -7, and now it’s Syracuse -2.5. That’s a massive swing against new WVU QB Jack Allison.
– The line hovered at WVU -1.5 after Grier decided to sit out, and then the public started hammering the Orange. This is about as iffy and coin-floppy as bowl games get.
– Just how much do you believe in the ACC? A Duke comeback blowout win over Temple aside, considering Miami got rocked by Wisconsin and Georgia Tech didn’t show up against Minnesota, do you really want to go all in on believing that Syracuse can do this?
– Of course you do. Syracuse -2.5 isn’t asking for that much, and the total going down from 74 to 68 is a gift. Expect a shootout, expect lots of points, and expect the over.
– West Virginia as a +120 on the money line isn’t quite as nice as you might like, but it’s still handing you money if you believe in the Big 12er.