Thursday, December 27
5:15, ESPN, Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
Wisconsin vs. Miami
– Never go back from your first answer. The ACC is bad, Wisconsin is better than it showed for most of the season, and the Hurricanes should lose to the Badgers for the second year in a row.
– But be careful. The quarterback situations are too iffy, with Miami going back to Malk Rosier, and Wisconsin needing to play Jack Doan with Alex Hornibrook out. You’re not happy with any part of any of this no matter what side you’re on.
– No matter what Miami players are trying to say, the weather will matter. It’ll be around 80ish in Coral Gables for the next few days. With the slight wind, and at night, it’s going to feel like it’s around 32ish in New York City on Thursday evening. That’s not good against a Badger team that’s going to ground and pound from the start.
– It’s not an amazing play, but if you like the Badgers – and you should – the +115 money line isn’t a bad way to go. But it stinks that the line went down from Miami -3.5 to -2.5. Even so, if you liked Wisconsin before, you’re in love with it considering the chill factor.
– The 46.5 point total hasn’t budged. If you really want to dive into this, go with the over. Neither offense brings anything special, but hanging around the mid-20s for both teams shouldn’t be an issue.
– Staying with the anti-ACC theme, Wisconsin is the safer play as the underdog, but Miami should come out hotter. Slow and steady should win this race as the game revolves around the Bucky O line.