The final thoughts, a few predictions, and some investment advice for the Walk-On’s Independence, New Era Pinstripe and Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowls to make your life a heck of a lot better than it currently is.
– Contact/Follow @PeteFiutak
After a brutal Wednesday of bowls, we need something amazing. At least, we need all the bowl games to be played.
This is all just for spits, giggles, and entertainment purposes only. However, just in case you dabble …
Thursday, December 27
1:30, ESPN, Independence Stadium, Shreveport, LA
Temple vs. Duke
– Georgia Tech’s clunker of a performance against Minnesota was scary. The ACC really, really wasn’t good this season, and while the Yellow Jackets were quirky and had their own reasons for losing the Quick Lane, it’s hard to fall too hard in love with the ACC team here.
– Oooooh, Tulane beat a Sun Belt team. That’s it for the American Athletic so far, with Houston getting destroyed, USF losing at home, and Memphis losing to Wake Forest. This is a moment for the conference. This is a big deal for a Temple team going through a coaching transition.
– If you’re a money line player, here you go. You’re getting the Power Five program at +150 vs. a Group of Five program with an interim head coach.
– If you’re not a money line player, here you go. You’re getting the Power Five program at +2.5 vs. a Group of Five program with an interim head coach.
– If you’re a point total player, here you go. The 53 is way light after coming down from 56.5 to open. These two should hover around 60 considering Temple scored 40 or more in three of its last four games and three of the last five Duke games obliterated the mark.