The final thoughts, a few predictions, and some investment advice for AutoNation Cure, New Mexico, Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas, Raycom Media Camellia and R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowls to make your life a heck of a lot better than it currently is.
– Contact/Follow @PeteFiutak
And here we go with five bowl games to kick it all off on Saturday. This is all just for spits, giggles, and entertainment purposes only. However, just in case you dabble …
Saturday, December 15
1:30, CBS Sports Network, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL
Tulane vs. Louisiana
Line: Tulane -3.5, o/u: 59
– It’s fighting an uphill battle to get noticed. Being on the CBS Sports Network in an ESPN bowl world doesn’t help, and being Tulane vs. Louisiana means there has to be something interesting for the people to care about. With the rapid-fire bowls coming at you on Saturday, there needs to be a hook. There sort of isn’t – and that’s okay. If this goes according to plan, this should be easy for you.
– The money is coming in on the Ragin’ Cajuns, and you’re cool with this. Tulane has the running game, the hot streak of four wins in the last five games, and – to be mean – the American Athletic talent against a Sun Belt team. If you like Tulane at all, you’re pleased the line went down from Green Wave -4 to 3.5. It should be around 7.5.
– It might get a bit sloppy. All the rain that’s hitting that part of the country is supposed to linger around a bit on Friday night and potentially in through Saturday. The 59 is a bit too high considering Tulane games haven’t hit that in six of the last seven games and Louisiana games haven’t hit the mark in four of the last five.
– Tulane. Under. Let’s get this bowl season started.