The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 77-24 SU, 60-42 ATS
You’re dead to me Buffalo – okay, not really, I’m sorry; I love you, Ted’s Hot Dogs – after blowing that layup of a 3.5 against Northern Illinois, but I’ll forgive you, Alabama, for not covering the 13 because that was so much fun.
But I got the one I had to have – Ohio State rolling Northwestern ATS. That renewed my faith in myself and my fellow man.
Fortunately, these picks are all correct.
The big bowl picks extravaganza to come next week …
– Army -7 over Navy
– Tua Tagovailoa +115 to win the Heisman
This week’s reason I’m being “punished” by being put on “paid administrative leave” …
Is it wrong to openly boo a promotion on principle, considering one of them got $100,000 for flinging a chest pass into a hole, and Kyler Murray isn’t allowed to do an endorsement deal?
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5) Overrated: The idea that beating LSU in the Fiesta Bowl will mean anything for UCF’s future in the College Football Playoff debate.
Underrated: UCF never, ever, ever catching a break, coming up with its comeback to win the American Athletic title with six people watching – it happened when Jalen Hurts was doing his thing against Georgia.
4) Overrated: “I believe I will not coach again.”
Underrated: “That’s a complicated question.”
3) Overrated: People who complain that there’s no way to determine who the “best” team is when everyone doesn’t play each other.
Underrated: Actually watching enough college football to be able to make an informed opinion, and then backing it up by statistics, performances, schedule strengths, evaluated talent, depth, research and canvassing the opinions of others who do the same.
2) Overrated: The Big Ten without Urban Meyer
Underrated: The Big Ten without Urban Meyer and …
1) Overrated: Sleep, exercise, fresh air, daylight, staring at anything but a screen for 20 straight hours, gaining ten pounds …
Underrated: The 2018 college football regular season. I miss you already.
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
I gave it everything I had and left it all on the page, but just as I was proud for doing everything I could … this. A hand gesture. Now I feel bad about myself.