The final thoughts, a few predictions, and some investment advice for Birmingham, Armed Forces, Dollar General and Hawaii Bowls to make your life a heck of a lot better than it currently is.
– Contact/Follow @PeteFiutak
This is all just for spits, giggles, and entertainment purposes only. However, just in case you dabble …
Saturday, December 22
3:30, ESPN, Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX
Houston vs. Army
Line: Army -5, o/u: 60
– Get Bowl Tickets
– It can’t be repeated enough. Army is No. 1 in the nation in time of possession, keeping the ball for almost 39 minutes per game. Houston is dead last in time of possession, keeping the ball for around 25 minutes per game. If that form holds, Army rolls.
– The line has held steady. It began at Army -5, it did move around a little bit, but he flatlined back at five. Considering Houston lost its two games under Major Applewhite by a combined score of 67 to 37, that five isn’t so bad. However, again, this only works if Army hangs on to the ball and the clock.
– Army will hang on to the ball and the clock. The Cougars haven’t played since November 23rd – that’s almost a full month ago, 29 days. Meanwhile, Army dealt with Navy just two weeks ago. Don’t discount the sharpness factor for a Knight team that might have the perfect blend of rest and routine.
– The concern with the 60 point total is that Army time of possession factor. The thought is that Houston can’t stop anyone, and it’s explosive enough to score in bunches for the little amount of time the offense does have the ball. However, just one Army game this season – a 31-30 win over Miami University – went over 60.
– Very, very, very lightly go with the over, but only because unders in bowl games are for weenies. You’re not a weenie.