The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 73-23 SU, 57-40 ATS
My first losing ATS week of the year – going 4-5 – just when you needed me the most. It wasn’t me. It was the short week. It was the turkey. I was young, I needed the work.
Fortunately, these picks are all correct.
– Buffalo -3.5 over Northern Illinois (MAC Championship)
– UCF -3.5 over Memphis (American Athletic Championship)
– Alabama -13 over Georgia (SEC Championship)
– NC State -24 over East Carolina
I try to get into mode each week by trying to guess what the spreads will be before they’re published. I’m pretty good – I’m usually +/- around 3 points, at worst, for the big games.
I honestly thought the Big Ten Championship was going to open at Ohio State -24ish – like Clemson vs. Pitt. If you had said Buckeyes -31, I wouldn’t have blinked.
If I’m right, and this really is the switch-flipped, oh-dear-lord-the-Buckeye-receivers-vs.-the-Wildcat-DBs Ohio State team I think it is, this might be the all-time Five-Star, Master Lock, iron-clad, sell-the-house, hock-the-kids layup pick of the millennium – at least for this week.
– Ohio State -14 over Northwestern
This week’s reason I’m being “punished” by being put on “paid administrative leave” …
“And I say that England’s greatest Prime Minister was Lord Palmerston!”
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5) Overrated:“We will be elite in football again. I guarantee you, we will be elite in football again.” – Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt
4) Overrated: Counting the stats in college football overtimes.
Underrated: “That’s his Dr. Pepper hand …”
3) Overrated: 2018 Ohio State 62, Michigan 39 to go to the Big Ten Championship
Underrated: 2001 Colorado 62, Nebraska 36 in the Big 12 Championship … and Nebraska still got into the BCS Championship.
2) Overrated: Mack Brown as the new North Carolina head coach
Underrated: The reaction of Dabo Swinney and the entire Clemson football program …
1) Overrated: Philip Rivers completing an NFL record 25 straight passes.
Underrated: New Mexico and Wyoming combining to complete 7-of-34 passes for 75 yards in the 31-3 Cowboy win.
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
Oh sure. I thought I had the column won a bit too early. But on the bright side, this saved me from accidentally drinking the stuff …