Virginia 45, Liberty 24
What Happened: Liberty was feisty, and was in the game midway through the third quarter with a Peytton Pickett touchdown run to pull within seven. Up 31-24, the Cavaliers scored 14 unanswered points to close it out. Bryce Perkins ran for two touchdowns and threw for two.
What Mattered: Perkins completed 14-of-22 passes for 168 yards and two scores with a pick, and ran for 89 yards and two touchdowns. Jordan Ellis ran 25 times for 106 yards and a touchdown.
– Liberty’s Stephen Calvert was picked off three times, but the running game managed 205 yards and three touchdowns. The Virginia defense turned it on when it had to in the fourth quarter.
What It All Means: The Cavaliers were already bowl eligible, but this just helps the cause. With road trips to Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech to come, they need to win out, hope for Pitt to lose twice, and get Clemson in the ACC Championship. They need a minor miracle.
– Clemson 27, Boston College 7
– Notre Dame 42, Florida State 13
– Duke 42, North Carolina 35
– Pitt 52, Virginia Tech 22
– Georgia Tech 27, Miami 21
– Syracuse 54, Louisville 23
– Wake Forest 27, NC State 23