Notre Dame 42, Florida State 13
What Happened: There was no drama with no Ian Book. Brandon Wimbush threw three touchdown passes – with two to Alize Mack – and Dexter Williams ran for two scores, racing for runs from 58 and 32 yards out. The Irish had a 32-6 lead at halftime and were never threatened. FSU got two touchdowns from Cam Akers, but was out of it from the start.
What Mattered: Wimbush wasn’t sharp, but he was good enough, completing 12-of-25 passes for 130 yards and three scores with two picks, and ran for 68 yards. Williams ran wild, taking off for 202 yards and two scores. The Irish finished with 365 rushing yards.
– Deondre Francois got the call for the Noles over James Blackman, but he couldn’t get the O going completing 23-of-47 passes for 216 yards. The Noes ran for 106 yards with Akers getting 63 of them.
– The Irish only generated one sack, but the pressured Francois all game long. Florida State failed to come up with a tackle for loss or a sack.
What It All Means: FSU is still alive for a bowl game, but after losing three straight, it’s going to be a fight. At least the dates with Boston College and Florida are at home, but the team isn’t showing any signs of being consistent enough offensively to win either one of those.
– Now comes the big test – handle a red-hot Syracuse team in Yankee Stadium. USC is a mess, but the Orange are going to be feisty. Win those two games, get to the College Football Playoff at no worse than the three seed.
– Clemson 27, Boston College 7
– Virginia 45, Liberty 24
– Duke 42, North Carolina 35
– Pitt 52, Virginia Tech 22
– Georgia Tech 27, Miami 21
– Syracuse 54, Louisville 23
– Wake Forest 27, NC State 23