The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 51-14 SU, 39-26 ATS
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.
Was it my best effort? Was it the absolute best I could do? No, but I went 4-3 against the spread – it was a winning week to keep the overall record at a 60% clip.
Fortunately, these picks are all correct …
– Buffalo -7 over Miami University
– Ohio -1 over Western Michigan
– Texas -1.5 over West Virginia
– Boise State -13 over BYU
– Iowa State -14.5 over Kansas
– Louisiana Tech +22.5 over Miss State (but MSU straight up)
– Michigan -10 over Penn State
– FIU -3.5 over Florida Atlantic
This week’s reason I’m being “punished” by being put on “paid administrative leave” …
Because, after two months of sleep depravation – and living a privileged and sheltered existence within a college football bubble that consists of three computer screens, a TV playing sportsey things at all times, and at least two things containing caffeine on my desk – I apparently need to unplug for a moment. And why?
Last week when I checked Twitter to see what was happening with the world – and having not seen anything on the news – I actually spent about 90 seconds wondering why someone would create a hashtag about bombs that care.
Lord help me I’m just not that bright.
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5) Overrated: Alabama vs. LSU
Underrated: UTEP vs. Rice (Rice on a 19-game losing streak vs. FBS teams since beating UTEP, who’s on a 20-game losing streak)
4) Overrated: Rumors of Urban Meyer “retiring”
Underrated: 2021 Notre Dame head coach Urban Meyer
3) Overrated: Nick Bosa blowing off Ohio State to get ready for the NFL
Underrated: “Ed Oliver (knee) left game” coming across the ticker (it’s just a bruise)
2) Overrated: Klay Thompson hitting 14-of-24 three pointers in the 149-124 win over Chicago
Underrated: Kevin Durant being a +45 against the Bulls (BTW, the all-time single game record – as far as the stats go – is held by Luc Mbah a Moute with a +57 for Houston in 2017)
1) Overrated: Yukon Cornelius vs. the abominable snowman
Underrated: Taylor Cornelius vs. Texas
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
Mike Gundy thought it was “bull(bleep),” and Tom Herman reacted …