The sure-thing, 100%, rock-solid lock, sell the house, sell the kids, no doubt about it picks of the century for this week
PICK SO FAR: 15-4 SU, 10-9 ATS
Ohhhhhh, sure. NOW you love me.
I know, I know, I know, I picked Rutgers to beat Kansas, but I gave you Vanderbilt. I gave you LSU. I gave you Fresno State. I gave you love with a 5-2 week ATS.
Let’s go bigger this week. Let’s fly too close to the sun on wings made of Velveeta.
Fortunately, these picks are all correct …
– NC State -6 over Marshall
– Michigan State -4.5 over Indiana
– Wisconsin -3.5 over Iowa
– Miami University -5 over Bowling Green
– Arizona State +17.5 over Washington (UW straight up)
– Clemson -17 over Georgia Tech
– Michigan -18.5 over Nebraska
– TCU -3 over Texas
– (Oh sure … why not? The revenge chaser) Kansas +7.5 over Baylor
This week’s reason I’m being “punished” by being put on “paid administrative leave” …
On a radio appearance, I actually closed out a semi-interesting fun-stat in the most horrific way possible: “Clay Helton has won 28 games as the USC head coach in just over three years. Lane Kiffin won 28 games as the USC head coach in just over three years … just sayin’.”
C.O.W. shameless gimmick item …
The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
5) Overrated: As Scott Frost said, “Fight back and work even harder,” or …
Underrated: “Give up.”
4) Overrated: Paul McCartney
Underrated: Winston Churchill
3) Overrated: Head Ball Coach
Underrated: Head Beer Coach
2) Overrated: RPOs
1) Overrated: Hugh Freeze getting fired from Ole Miss because of NCAA issues
Underrated: Hugh Freeze getting fired from Ole Miss because of the “climate in America.”
Sorry if this column sucked, I wasn’t my fault …
I got so excited after starting the column with a 75-yard touchdown pass. But Alabama only allowed me to complete six more blurbs for 58 yards the rest of the day.