Game Of The Year
Auburn at Alabama, Nov. 24
Alabama and Georgia don’t play each other, and while Auburn and the Bulldogs go at it again like they did last year, that’s not likely going to be as large as yet another massive Iron Bowl.
Of course, Auburn’s win over the Tide last season didn’t turn out to make a difference on the national scene, and if anything, it was a decent break for Bama to lose and not face Georgia in the SEC Championship. But this time around, the Tigers should be able to really and truly make or break the 2018 college football season with that trip to Georgia a few weeks before going to Tuscaloosa on November 24th.
5 Big-Time Players Who Deserve A Bigger Spotlight
Five players who have been a bit under the radar on a national level, but should rise up and be among the season’s best players.
1. LB K’Lavon Chaisson, Soph. LSU
2. DE Landis Durham, Sr. Texas A&M
3. S Mike Edwards, Sr. Kentucky
4. LB Terez Hall, Sr. Missouri
5. LB De’Jon Harris, Jr. Arkansas
5 SEC Coaches On The Hot Seat
Usually, the idea of a Hot Seat should be defined by who’s under the most pressure and not just who’s going to get fired, but it’s the SEC – everyone’s under ridiculous levels of pressure. Nick Saban has to win a national title or his season is a failure. Texas A&M fans would like Jimbo Fisher to somehow win three CFP Championships this year, and all of the other new head coaches are supposed to start winning RIGHT NOW.
These five, they have to win, and they’re on a hot seat because they’ll get fired if they have a losing season. Giving the new guys a free pass for now …
1. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt
2. Mark Stoops, Kentucky
3. Barry Odom, Missouri
4. Ed Orgeron, LSU
5. Gus Malzahn, Auburn
5 Non-Conference Games That SEC Teams Had Better Take Very, Very Seriously
As always, the SEC will take a beating for late season scrimmages like Alabama facing Citadel, Auburn playing Liberty, Florida taking on Idaho and South Carolina dealing with UT-Chattanooga, and as always, it won’t be fair. Almost everyone has a brutal non-conference game to face including Texas A&M vs. Clemson, LSU vs. Miami, and Auburn against Washington. These five are games under the radar that everyone will assume the SEC will win, but … be careful.
1. Marshall at South Carolina, Sept. 15
2. Central Michigan at Kentucky, Sept. 1 3. Wyoming at Missouri, Sept. 8 4. North Texas at Arkansas. Sept. 15
5. Louisiana Tech at Mississippi State, Nov. 3
5 Best Pro Prospects
1. WR AJ Brown, Jr. Ole Miss
2. CB Greedy Williams, Soph. LSU
3. OT Greg Little, Jr. Ole Miss
4. LB Josh Allen, Sr. Kentucky
5. OT Jonah Williams, Jr. Alabama
5 Biggest Shoes To Fill
1. LB Monty Rice for Roquan Smith, Georgia
2. S Deionte Thompson for Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
3. RB Kam Martin for Kerryon Johnson, Auburn
4. RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire for Derrius Guice, LSU
5. WR Cam Buckley for Christian Kirk, Texas A&M