CollegeFootballNews.com 2017 Preseason Big Ten Bowl Projections
The 2017 CFN preseason bowl look for all the projected eligible Big Ten teams.
Big Ten Bowl Ties & Projections
– Contact/Follow @ColFootballNews
Expect more wild and crazy things happening with the Big Ten bowl picture this season.
And expect it to all come down to the Ohio State-Michigan game.
Wisconsin has a relatively easy schedule, and the call is that it’ll play the Buckeye-Wolverine winner for the Big Ten title – the champ will go to the CFP.
Expect at least three Big Ten teams to get into the New Year’s Six/CFP bowls in what’ll be another massive year for the conference.
Since the Rose Bowl is one of the College Football Playoff semifinal games, there isn’t the automatic tie-in for the Big Ten, and it’s not a given that a Big Ten team that gets into the CFP will go to Pasadena.
And that’s just the start of the Big Ten breakdown of bowl possibilities.
The Orange will pick the highest-ranked team from Big Ten, SEC or Notre Dame to play a team from the ACC, but the bowl would prefer to take an SEC team since Michigan played Florida State last season.
But if the Orange goes with a Big Ten team again, the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl will go with an ACC team.
College Football Playoff: Sugar Bowl
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Michigan Wolverines
New Year’s Six: Fiesta Bowl
Wisconsin Badgers vs. USC Trojans
New Year’s Six: Orange Bowl
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Clemson Tigers
Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
ACC (if not Big Ten) vs. SEC
– Agreement for Citrus is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota or Michigan. The call is that the Big Ten will get into the Orange, meaning the ACC will go to the Citrus.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Florida Gators
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Iowa, Wisconsin or Northwestern.
National Funding Holiday Bowl
Iowa Hawkeyes vs. UCLA Bruins
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota, Nebraska or Wisconsin.
Michigan State Spartans vs. South Carolina Gamecocks
Music City Bowl
ACC (if not Big Ten) vs. SEC
– ACC and Big Ten combine with each getting three appearances in six years. The Big Ten played in TaxSlayer in 2015 and the Music City in 2016. No Penn State or Iowa in TaxSlayer.
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
– It’s not official, but the bowl would prefer to have eight different teams in eight years, so no Northwestern, Penn State or Indiana if possible.
Foster Farms Bowl
Northwestern Wildcats vs. Washington State Cougars
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Indiana, Maryland or Nebraska.
Quick Lane Bowl
Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Syracuse Orange
Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl
Big 12 (if not Big Ten) vs. Conference USA
Armed Forces Bowl
Indiana Hoosiers vs. Army Knights
– Agreement for three Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas and three Armed Forces bowls in six years. Illinois played in Dallas three years ago but couldn’t fill the spot last year. It was Big 12 vs. Navy in Armed Forces last year.