The 2016 Nebraska football schedule has some massive showdowns that’ll earn national attention. There might be too many tough road dates to win the West.
2016 Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Schedule
2016 Nebraska Cornhuskers
Sept. 3 Fresno State
Sept. 10 Wyoming
Sept. 17 Oregon
Sept. 24 at Northwestern
Oct. 1 Illinois
Oct. 8 OPEN DATE
Oct. 15 at Indiana
Oct. 22 Purdue
Oct. 29 at Wisconsin
Nov. 5 at Ohio State
Nov. 12 Minnesota
Nov. 19 Maryland
Nov. 25 at Iowa
Non-Conference Games Fresno State, Wyoming, Oregon
Games vs. the East at Indiana, at Ohio State, Maryland
5 Keys to the Schedule
– The Cornhuskers go the Mountain West route for the first two games against Fresno State and Wyoming at home, and then the fun really begins with a visit from Oregon. Win that, and it’s Game On in terms of national exposure.
– After handling the Illinois teams – going to Northwestern and facing Illinois – Nebraska gets a desperately needed week off in early October. And then comes the key run of three road games in four weeks, going to Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Getting Purdue as the home game helps.
– The three big games against the West come against Northwestern, Wisconsin and Iowa all on the road. That’s hardly a plus.
– There might be a showdown at Ohio State, but Indiana and Maryland are the other games against the East, and they’re both at home. There’s no Michigan or Michigan State.
– WATCH OUT FOR … the road game at Indiana. With so many big games ahead, and considering the previous games against Oregon and Northwestern, there can’t be any mistakes. Losing in Bloomington would be a disaster.
2017 Non-Conference Games Arkansas State, at Oregon, Northern Illinois