Three reasons why you should watch the New Orleans Bowl, why each team might win, honest thoughts, line and prediction.
– Contact/Follow @ColFootballeews
New Orleans Bowl Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 16th, 2017
Game Time: 1:00 pm
Venue: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA
– Contact/Follow @PeteFiutak
The Bowl Matchup Ranking Of Awesomeness (1 best-40 worst)
20 out of 39
Three Reasons Why You Should Watch The New Orleans Bowl
– These two should put up a ton of points with lots and lots of passing yards. The Troy defense might be solid, but North Texas should bust through that, averaging 467 yards per game. Troy hung up close to 40 points per game over the final six – all wins.
– Troy is that team that beat LSU. It might have clunked along the way, but the co-Sun Belt champion is the real deal with a rising star head coach in Neal Brown. It’s one of the better Group of Five teams, and it’ll play like it.
– North Texas lost to Florida Atlantic. Twice. Other than that, it one every other game after losing to Iowa early on, going on an 8-2 run with both of those losses coming to the Owls. Like Troy, it also has a young, rising superstar head coach. Seth Littrell is destined for a bigger gig really, really soon.
Here’s Why North Texas Will Win The New Orleans Bowl
Here’s Why Troy Will Win The New Orleans Bowl
You’ve Read This Far, So You Get Three Honest Thoughts On The New Orleans Bowl
Super. So Who’s Going To Win The New Orleans Bowl?
Troy -5.5, o/u: 60
ATS Confidence: COMING
5: Being in the bar already
0: Watching ball drop … and then trying to get into the bar
Must See Rating: COMING
5: New Year’s Eve: Ministry of Sound, Defected London NYE
0: New Year’s Eve with Maroon 5, Las Vegas
New Orleans Bowl History, Results
Dec. 17, 2016 Southern Miss 28, Louisiana-Lafayette 21
Dec. 19, 2015 Louisiana Tech 47 Arkansas State 28
Dec. 20, 2014 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Nevada 3
Dec. 21, 2013 Louisiana-Lafayette 24 Tulane 21
Dec. 22, 2012 Louisiana-Lafayette 43 East Carolina 34
Dec. 17, 2011 Louisiana-Lafayette 32 San Diego State 30
Dec. 18, 2010 Troy 48 Ohio 21
Dec. 20, 2009 Middle Tennessee 42 Southern Miss 32
Dec. 20, 2008 Southern Miss 30 Troy 27 (OT)
Dec. 21, 2007 FAU 44 Memphis 27
Dec. 22, 2006 Troy 41 Rice 17
Dec. 20, 2005 Southern Miss 31 Arkansas State 19
Dec. 14, 2004 Southern Miss 31 North Texas 10
Dec. 16, 2003 Memphis 27 North Texas 17
Dec. 17, 2002 North Texas 25 Cincinnati 19
Dec. 18, 2001 Colorado State 45 North Texas 20