Why Georgia Is A 24-Point Favorite Over South Carolina
No. 1 ranked Georgia enters Saturday’s SEC contest with the Gamecocks as a clear favorite.
South Carolina (6-2) is a 24 – point underdog, which is quite a large margin for a traditional conference rival that sports a winning record. But taking a closer look, we see that:
• Georgia (8-0) has won 5 straight SEC games, each by 25 points or more, which is tied for the 2nd-longest single-season streak in SEC history.
• Georgia is South Carolina’s first ranked opponent of the season
• Though South Carolina sports a 4-2 SEC record, their four wins come against teams with a combined 1-18 conference record.
Dive deeper into Saturday’s game here
• In Muschamp’s first season in Columbia, the Gamecocks went 1-4 against ranked opponents.
• Georgia has defeated the No. 3 and No. 16 ranked teams in the latest College Football Playoff poll.
They’ll tee it up in Sanford Stadium at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday. This will be the Gamecocks first appearance in the SEC on CBS marquee game since 2010.