Now A Senior, Dalton Expects To Become One Of The Top Forwards In The League
Dalton shined last season coming off the Wyoming bench, scoring in double figures 26 times
Dalton will pair up with Justin James as one of the MWC’s best duos
Next up is the 13th-ranked player in the MWC Wire Basketball Countdown.
Wyoming forward Hayden Dalton checks in at #13. The senior from Parker, Colorado, took a substantial leap last season as a junior, increasing his statistical production in almost every category. His scoring average more than tripled, going from 3.7 points per game to 12.2 last season.
Dalton’s rebounding average increased from 3.3 to 8.3, assists from 1.0 to 2.6, and he nearly doubled his nightly playing time. His defensive rebounding percentage of 26.0% was the 35th in the entire nation, per KenPom.
Dalton also developed more of an outside stroke last season, attempting 150 three-pointers and knocking down 52 of them – good for 34.7% from beyond the arc. Dalton recorded six games in which he converted three or more triples, including going 5-9 from deep twice in the final week of the season.
The 6-8, 185-pound forward has only started five games over the past two seasons, but even if he is Allen Edwards’ first man off the bench this year, his impact will be felt. Teaming up with a star scorer in Justin James and a deep front court, Dalton will help the Cowboys be a dark horse in the Mountain West this season.
- 13 – Hayden Dalton, Wyoming
- 14 – Jeremy Hemsley, San Diego State
- 15 – Jovan Mooring, UNLV
- 16 – Jordan Johnson, UNLV
- 17 – Lindsey Drew, Nevada
- 18 – Shakur Juiston, UNLV
- 19 – Ryan Welage, San Jose State
- 20 – Sam Logwood, New Mexico
- 21 – Jeremiah Paige, Colorado State
- 22 – Jahmel Taylor, Fresno State
- 23 – Justinian Jessup, Boise State
- 24 – Alan Herndon, Wyoming
- 25 – Dane Kuiper, New Mexico
- Honorable Mentions