Big 12 Media Preseason Poll announced. What are the five things that matter about the media’s choices for the Big 12’s finish?
– To no surprise whatsoever, Oklahoma is the overwhelming favorite to win the Big 12 title again getting 24 first place votes with TCU getting two, and no one else getting a single nod for the top spot.
– There’s a relatively big divide between the haves and have-nots with Oklahoma getting 258 points, TCU 222, and Oklahoma State 202. It quickly drops off with Baylor getting 156 points and Texas 151. Only one voter picked Kansas to finish out of last place.
– TCU is the only team in the Big 12 without a returning starting quarterback, but it’s still picked second. Why? The defense returns loaded and, apparently, the voters don’t quite believe yet in Oklahoma State with its loaded offense. The biggest snub? Kansas State, who’s picked eighth despite returning a tremendous defense and now having options at quarterback.
– TCU was picked to win the Big 12 last season with Baylor and Oklahoma picked two and three, respectively. The last time Oklahoma wasn’t picked in the preseason top three of the conference – or in the top two of the Big 12 South? 1999.
– Who’ll actually going to win the Big 12 and what’s the order going to be? Check out the CFN preseason Big 12 picks for every team and every game.
2016 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
1. Oklahoma (24) 258
2. TCU (2) 222
3. Oklahoma State 202
4. Baylor 156
5. Texas 151
6. Texas Tech 141
7. West Virginia 126
8. Kansas State 88
9. Iowa State 59
10. Kansas 27