CFN 2016 Preseason Big 12 Top 25 Football Players. Who are the biggest and best Big 12 players coming into the football season? Who are the 25 to watch out for?
As always, there are plenty of offensive playmakers in the high-octane Big 12, especially considering TCU is the only team without a starting quarterback returning.
Is Baker Mayfield the best returning player in the Big 12? Sure, maybe, but the call is that Samaje Perine will turn out to be the league’s biggest star – at least when Joe Mixon isn’t carrying the ball for the Sooners.
The defensive players are more interesting with this a terrific year for active Big 12 linebackers and lots of pass rushers – but it’s the Big 12. It’s about the offense.
There are way too many great running backs who belong on the list, but aren’t – expect this list to be way, way different at the end of the year.
CFN 2016 Preseason Big 12 Top 25 Players
1. RB Samaje Perine, Jr. Oklahoma
2. QB Baker Mayfield, Sr. Oklahoma
3. WR James Washington, Jr. Oklahoma State
4. LB Malik Jefferson, Soph. Texas
6. QB Seth Russell, Sr. Baylor
7. WR KD Cannon, Jr. Baylor
8. QB Patrick Mahomes, Jr. Texas Tech
9. LB Elijah Lee, Jr. Kansas State
10. DE Jordan Willis, Sr. Kansas State
11. DE Josh Carraway, Sr. TCU
12. QB Mason Rudolph, Jr. Oklahoma State
13. RB Mike Warren, Soph. Iowa State
14. LB Jordan Evans, Sr. Oklahoma
15. S Jordan Sterns, Sr. Oklahoma State
16. DE Noble Nwachukwu, Sr. West Virginia
17. LB Travin Howard, Jr. Kansas State
18. C Kyle Fuller, Sr. Baylor
19. RB Shock Linwood, Sr. Baylor
20. CB Davante Davis, Soph. Texas
21. RB Joe Mixon, Soph. Oklahoma
22. S Fish Smithson, Sr. Kansas
23. DT Charles Walker, Jr. Oklahoma
24. S Dante Barnett, Sr. Kansas State
25. CB Holton Hill, Soph. Texas