Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll announced. What are the five things that matter about the media’s choices for the Pac-12’s finish?
– In a bit of a shocker, Stanford was picked to win by the media at Pac-12 media days to repeat as conference champs. Christian McCaffrey returns, but that’s about it. Even so, the Cardinal were selected to beat UCLA for the title.
– The other big stunner? No respect for Oregon, while Washington is starting to get some love. The Ducks got just one vote to win the Pac-12 North, while Washington was selected to finish second getting eight votes.
– The media likes UCLA, with 19 votes to win the Pac-12 South and USC getting 12 votes. Utah was the only other team to receive any first place votes, getting two.
– According to the Pac-12, the media has whiffed on seven of the last nine preseason polls, while correctly picking the conference champ in 29 of the first 55 polls.
– Who’ll actually going to win the Pac-12 divisions? Check out the CFN preseason Pac-12 picks for every team and every game.
2016 Media Preseason Pac-12 Football Poll
Pac-12 Championship: Stanford over UCLA
2016 Pac-12 Preseason North Division Media Prediction
1. Stanford (24) 186
2. Washington (8) 163
3. Oregon (1) 132
4. Washington State 112
5. California 67
6. Oregon State 33
2016 Pac-12 Preseason South Division Media Prediction
1. UCLA (19) 180
2. USC (12) 173
3. Utah (2) 127
4. Arizona 87
5. Arizona State 85
6. Colorado 63